Our chicken noodle soup recipe puts a healthy spin on an American classic. This soup is great for when you are feeling under the weather or when you just have a craving for warm comfort food.
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 4 carrots sliced
- 1 onion small, diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 2" pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes crushed, more or less to taste
- 1 tablespoon thyme dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth low-sodium and fat free preferred
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley fresh chopped to serve
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh-squeezed to taste
- Add the vegetables and garlic to the bottom of the slow cooker, and the chicken on top, sprinkle in the thyme, oregano, chili flakes, and salt and pepper. Pour in the stock and add in the bay leaf. Cook for 6-8 hours on low in the slow cooker, or until carrots are tender. If necessary, skim off any foam that has floated to the top of the soup and discard.
- Around 15 minutes before ready to serve, cook the broken up pasta separately on the stovetop according to package directions and drain. Stir in the noodles and chopped parsley just before serving. Then stir in one tablespoon of the lemon juice last. Taste and add in more lemon juice, if desired. Enjoy!
Click here for the Top 10 Slow Cooker Recipes on SkinnyMs.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.