Hot-Chocolate oatmeal is the best!
Our Hot Chocolate Steel-Cut Oatmeal is a mouth-watering recipe the whole family will love! Made with 100% clean ingredients, this tasty breakfast treat will warm the insides and fill the belly, without unhealthy added ingredients. Learn more about the health benefits of steel-cut oats here.
Slow Cooker - Hot Chocolate Steel-Cut Oatmeal
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar or pure maple syrup
- 8 liquid stevia drops (or an extra tablespoon of sugar)
- In a large bowl, combine the water, milk, vanilla, and stevia. Whisk in the cocoa, sugar, and salt.
- Finally, stir in the oats. Oil the inside of your slow cooker (this prevents the oatmeal from sticking). Pour in the above mixture.
- Set your slow cooker to LOW for 1-2 hours, and turn it to KEEP WARM before finally retiring to bed. In the morning, give it all a stir and feast! Top with some shaved chocolate if you’re feeling really decadent!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Hot Chocolate Steel-Cut Oatmeal was created by guest contributor, Lauren Goslin. Lauren blogs about healthy food over at Oatmeal With A Fork. If you like this recipe, check out her Facebook page for more healthy meal ideas!