This recipes offers ease and convenience by providing a main course and side all at the same time!
We here at SkinnyMs. love being to able to make full, wholesome meals in the slow cooker. Our Slow Cooker Lemon and Potato Chicken encapsulates our love for ease and convenience by providing a main course and side all at the same time! Just cook the chicken on the stovetop first to give you a nice crispy outside and a juicy center inside, then combine with the remaining ingredients in a slow cooker. The seasonings are simple, but the end result is a tender chicken with a light lemon and garlic flavor alongside perfectly cooked potatoes.
This lemon and potato chicken is an entire meal in and of itself, but you could also throw in some fresh or frozen green beans to bulk up the meal and add nutrients.
Slow Cooker Lemon and Potato Chicken
- 12 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 potatoes medium, peeled and cubed
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup chicken broth fat-free, low-sodium
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup flour or cornstarch
- 1 lemon sliced for garnish
- Sprinkle chicken thighs evenly with salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add half of chicken. Cook about 3 minutes per side, or until browned. Remove from skillet and place on a plate. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet, and repeat browning procedure with remaining chicken.
- Spray bottom and sides of slow cooker with nonstick spray. Place potatoes on bottom of cooker. Place chicken on top of potatoes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together broth, juice, flour, and garlic, stirring with a whisk. Pour broth mixture over chicken. Top with remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours or on high heat for 4 hours.
- Add lemon slices as a garnish to serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Other slow cooker meals you might enjoy:
How did this recipe turn out for you? Share your feedback with us in the comments!