Green tea is a well-known metabolism boosting agent and has been documented to assist with weight loss. This Spiced Green Tea Smoothie is a great way to get that metabolism going without having to sip on a hot cup of tea. We’ve created an optimum blend of green tea, spices, honey, fruit, and Greek yogurt to give you a creamy smoothie that’s bursting with nutrients. Just blend all ingredients and enjoy as a snack or morning fat burning beverage!
Yields: 1 serving | Calories: 214 | Total Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 37mg | Carbohydrates: 42g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 35g | Protein: 7g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11
- 3/4 cup strong brewed green tea (brew 2 bags of green tea in 6 ounces of water)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 pear, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 apple, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 6 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in blender. Blend on high until smooth.
Other smoothie recipes to try:
Have you tried green tea to aid in weight loss? What were your results? We’d love to hear from you in the comments!