Skewers are one of our favorite ways of ringing in the summer season. They’re fun to saute or grill, easy to customize, and look great when served on a platter in the middle of an array of summer salads and veggie side dishes. Serve our Spicy Chicken Skewers at your next party. They’re a guaranteed crowd pleaser, every bite full of juicy chicken and smothered in our spicy, flavorful skinny wing sauce.
These healthy chicken skewers are made with lean chicken breasts, cubed and covered in oregano, black pepper, and salt. They’re packed with lean protein and are low in fat, cholesterol, and calories. We cook them in a pan with our beloved SkinnyMs. Wing Sauce, a fabulous blend of flavors that are as well balanced as they are healthy. We start with a hot sauce and add green chilis, making for a spicy base. Chili powder and cayenne pepper add even more heat, and are balanced by sweet honey and savory paprika. Low in calories but bursting with spicy flavor, this wing sauce will make these skewers the hit of every summer party. And when you tell your guests that they’re clean eating and guilt-free, you’ll find yourself handing over the recipe!
Spicy Chicken Skewers
- 6 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons canola or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 2/3 cup wing sauce Skinny Ms. Wing Sauce recipe
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut fillets into 21 pieces, horizontally. Combine oregano, black pepper and salt, sprinkle on both sides of chicken pieces.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, turn to medium-high heat, add oil. When oil is hot, but not to the smoking point, add the cubed chicken pieces. Sear chicken until brown and crispy on both sides. Pour off any fat.
- Add 2/3 cup wing sauce to skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through and sauce is reduced. Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly and place 3 chicken pieces on each individual skewer.
- Serve with our Skinny Ms. Ranch Dressing.
We love feedback! Head to the comments section to let us know what you think of this post, or what you’d like to see on our site.