Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Squares Recipe
Servings: 16 | Serving Size: 1 bar | Calories: 348 | Total Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 5mg | Carbohydrates: 42g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 25g | Protein: 6g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 16
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 bag dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil unrefined
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together all of the wet ingredients. Place the 2 cups oats in the blender on high speed until ground into a flour. Mix together the oat flour with the salt and cinnamon.
Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until fully combined and pour into a 8 x 8-inch baking dish (dish needn't be greased).
Melt chocolate with coconut oil over medium low heat. Remove from heat as soon as melted and pour evenly on top of the peanut butter layer. Bake for 18 minutes and allow to cool on the stovetop.
Place in fridge to set for at least 2 hours. Bars should be stored in the fridge or the freezer. If stored in the freezer, allow to sit for about 15 minutes at room temperature before slicing. Enjoy!