Pineapple Honey Shrimp Taco Bowl
Spicy, savory and sweet come together for the perfect mix of flavor in this delicious seafood dish. Dig into this shrimp taco bowl for a tropical meal you'll love!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1/2 cup scallions green onions, chopped small
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper seeds and veins removed, then diced small
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple drained
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds extra-large wild shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
Combine scallions, jalapeno, pineapple, honey, lime juice and lime zest in a small bowl. Set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Salt shrimp, then cook in skillet for 3-5 minutes, until opaque and firm, but not overcooked.
Toss shrimp in pineapple mixture to coat
Divide rice into 8 bowls. Top with shrimp mixture and serve.
Serving: 8oz | Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 960mg | Potassium: 195mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 169IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 181mg | Iron: 3mg