White Fish and Vegetables in Parchment Paper
Bake your fish with this parchment paper recipe to help seal the flavor and juices into every bite! Make this fresh, seafood meal to impress guests and loved ones.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 4 4 ounce filets white fish
- 1 large shallot minced
- 1/2 pound french green beans sliced diagonally in thin pieces about 3-4 inches long
- 3 medium carrots peeled and julienned into 3-4 inch pieces, to match length of green beans (tip: you can also purchase matchstick carrots in a bag if you don't want to cut them yourself)
- 3 Tablespoons lemon zest divided
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper divided
- 8 pieces parchment paper cut into 8 inch squares
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the shallots, green beans, carrots, 1 Tablespoon lemon zest, half the olive oil, salt & pepper.
Stack 2 sheets of parchment paper together, and repeat with the remaining paper so that you have 4 stacks of paper.
Place 1/4 of the vegetable mixture in the center of 2 stacked sheets of parchment paper.
Top vegetable mixture with a 4 ounce portion of wild cod.
Brush each cod portion with remaining olive oil and lemon zest, then sprinkle with remaining salt & pepper.
Create a packet by folding opposite ends together, then roll the two remaining ends to create a seal.
Place packets on a rimmed baking sheet and place in preheated oven.
Bake for 18 minutes, then remove from oven and open packets. Fish should flake easily with a fork. If it isn't done, re-seal packet and place back in oven for another 2-5 minutes.
Serving: 2packets | Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 415mg | Potassium: 800mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 8034IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg