Chicken, Broccoli, and Asparagus Stir Fry
This recipe is not only quick and easy, but healthy!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups broccoli chopped into small florets
- 1 pound asparagus ends trimmed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger fresh, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 scallions (green onions) sliced
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Heat half of the sesame oil on medium heat. Once hot, add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the broccoli, asparagus, and broth. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the soy sauce, ginger, honey, and scallions. Whisk well and set aside.
Remove the broccoli and asparagus from the pan and set aside. In the hot pan, add the remaining oil. Once hot, add the chicken. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes.
Return the broccoli and asparagus to the pan with the chicken. Stir in the soy sauce mixture and cook until hot, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and top with sesame seeds.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 525mg | Potassium: 869mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1265IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 4mg