DIY Doggie Breath Mints
With essential and nutritious key ingredients, these dog cookies are a wonderful treat, plus they give your pooch fresher breath that will make everyone happy.
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup parsley fresh, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mint fresh, finely chopped
- 1 egg large (see tip below for dogs with allergies to chicken products)
- 1/4 cup water plus 1 tablespoon to help form the dough
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted (unrefined extra virgin is best)
Preheat the oven to 325° F
Add oats to a blender and pulse to a flour-like consistency. In a large bowl whisk together diced parsley and mint, egg, water, and oil. Add oat flour and stir to combine. Knead the dough a few times then turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
Using your hands or a rolling pin, flatten the dough to about 1/8" thick. Using a cookie cutter or knife cut out approximately 40 (1-inch mints) mints. Place mints about 1/4-inch apart on a parchment-lined or non-stick cookie sheet. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
Allow mints to cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container.
Tip: For dogs with allergies to chicken products, substitute one large egg with 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce.