Slow Cooker Doggie Stew Recipe
Here is a dish for man's best friend that is clean and healthy and without all the preservatives store-bought dog varieties contain.
- 6 pounds boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 4 carrots sliced
- 1 sweet potato medium, scrubbed and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups green beans frozen
- 2 apples cored and seeded (make sure all seeds are removed)
- 1 cup peas frozen
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Rinse chicken, carrots, and sweet potato, add to the slow cooker along with, green beans and apples. Add just enough water to cover ingredients. Cover and cook on low 8 - 10 hours.
Add frozen peas about 20 minutes before the end of cooking time. Using a slotted spoon remove ingredients and place in a large bowl. Once cooled, either add ingredients to a food processor or use a fork and mash the ingredients to desired consistency. Add olive oil and stir to combine.
Place stew in freezer-safe ziplock bags. The serving sizes will depend on the size of your dog. Remove individual ziplock bag from the freezer the night before serving and allow to defrost in the refrigerator overnight.