This healthy pizza recipe packs a hefty amount of vitamin C, vitamin B, potassium, and phytochemicals, which may help in providing protection against cancer. Our zucchini bell pepper pizza recipe is packed with healthy ingredients and is a great alternative to common delivery pizza. It cost less and tastes just as great, if not better than regular delivery piza. Does your family celebrate the end of the week with a movie and pizza night? This Friday, give our healthy pizza a try.
The tough thing about staying healthy in this day and age is the amount of unhealthy foods available to us. Unhealthy eating has become a habit for many people. Foods are convenient and appealing, but they are destroying our health. Sadly, many people do not realize how unhealthy these foods can be for their bodies. They want food that is fast and easy, and in many cases they are actually addicted to the bad ingredients found in these foods. Salt and sugar and other chemicals get into our systems and leave us wanting more and more. No matter how much we eat, our bodies are always deprived and addicted to bad things.
The good news is you can eat your favorite foods without these negative consequences. This pizza is an example and so are our healthy fries and delicious burgers. Eating healthy does not require sacrifice and these recipes prove it!
In the mood for comfort food? Pick from these delicious 20 Skinny Comfort Food Recipes.
Yield: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 slice | Calories: 136 | Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 8 mg | Sodium: 316 mg | Carbohydrates: 15 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 5 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4 |
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red onion, cut in half and then thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (Skinny Ms. recipe)
- 1/2 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes, or 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 8 green olives, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 or 12-inch) whole-wheat thin pizza crust
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a large skillet, add oil, and sauté on medium-low heat for 1 minute, the garlic, onion, bell peppers (if using the Balsamic Bell Pepper recipe, do not sauté with the other ingredients), and zucchini slices.
- Spread sauce over the crust, leaving 1 inch around the edges dry. Evenly distribute onto crust the garlic, onion, bell peppers, zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, basil, and mozzarella cheese. Preferably, place pizza directly onto middle oven rack. Otherwise, place pizza on a large cooking stone or cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to ourdaily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.