Fight off days of poor body image!
All of us, big, small, short, tall, male, female, or anything in between have days when we feel less than confident about our bodies. Someone posts an unflattering photograph, or we go shopping and realize we no longer fit into our old jean size, or perhaps we’re just low on energy and our bodies seem to drag through the day. Whatever the catalyst, poor body image days happen.
It’s important to know that our bodies are powerful and miraculous even on our worst days. If you’re feeling less than good about your body, check out these 10 body positive quotes for an instant boost!
1. You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful.
– Amy Bloom
2. You have to remember that it’s not practical or possible for everyday women to look like [models]. Being size zero is a career in itself so we shouldn’t try and be like them. It’s not realistic and it’s not healthy.
3. Let me ask you something, in all the years that you have… undressed in front of a gentelman has he ever asked you to leave? Has he ever walked out and left? No? It’s because he doesn’t care! He’s in a room with a naked girl, he just won the lottery. I am so tired of saying no, waking up in the morning and recalling every single thing I ate the day before, counting every calorie I consumed so I know just how much self loathing to take into the shower. I’m going for it. I have no interest in being obese, I’m just through with the guilt. So this is what I’m going to do, I’m going to finish this pizza, and then we are going to go watch the soccer game, and tomorrow we are going to go on a little date and buy ourselves some bigger jeans.
– Elizabeth Gilbert
4. Self-love is respecting my beautiful body. Yes it is beautiful. It was divinely designed especially for me. A sacred creating for self-knowledge which brings me limitless opportunities to experience myself in each moment.
– Michelle M. McGrath
5. I guess my mom raised me right. She was very celebratory of her body. I never heard her once say “I feel fat.” Back when I was modeling, the first time I went to Italy, I was having cappuccinos every day, and I gained 15 pounds. And I felt gorgeous! I would take my clothes off in front of the mirror and be like “Oh, I look like a woman.” And I felt beautiful, and I never tried to lose it, because I loved it.
– Christina Hendricks