If you thought a healthy diet meant giving up brownies, think again. These melt-in-your-mouth treats pack all the flavor without the guilt. Forget ordinary brownies loaded with unhealthy fats and refined sugars. Our Protein Fudge Brownies call for clean ingredients that won’t sabotage your waistline. These dense, fudgy brownies contain ripe bananas, creamy peanut butter, dark chocolate protein powder, and chocolate chips. Each savory serving packs in a hefty dose of protein, and won’t weigh you down with calories or fat. In fact, these treats are healthy enough to serve as workout snacks!
Along with protein, our recipe carries some awesome antioxidants and vitamins your body will thank you for. Plus, you won’t find an easier recipe out there. These treats are a cinch to whip up, since they use only 4 common ingredients you probably already have on hand. So what are you waiting for? Satisfy your chocolate cravings sans guilt with this brilliant recipe!
Yields: 12 servings | Calories: 287 | Total Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 13mg | Carbohydrates: 28g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 18g | Protein: 17g | SmartPoints: 10
- 2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (about 4 large)
- 1 cup natural peanut butter, extra-crunchy was used
- 1 cup clean dark chocolate protein powder, recommend Tera's Whey
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips, Enjoy Life brand recommended
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl add mashed banana and peanut butter, beat with a mixter just until combined. Add protein powder and chocolate chips, stir to incorporate. Pour mixture into a lightly oiled 8x8-inch casserole pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Cool completely before slicing. Tip: dip a butter knife in water before cutting brownies, wipe clean after each slice. Store covered in the refrigerator.
- Optional: 1/2 cup diced walnuts or pecans
For more sweet treats to satisfy your cravings without slowing you down, check out our roundup of 10 Chocolate Treats Under 150 Calories!