A crispy, mouthwatering, healthy delight!
Chicken. It’s a great staple on any healthy eating plan. The only downside, is that it can get really boring, really fast. That’s why this baked parmesan chicken recipe is so great! Firstly, its super easy, and secondly, it takes your chicken to a whole new level! It’s a perfect option for a healthy meal, without giving up all the delicious indulgence of crispy parmesan cheese.
If you need a faster cooking time, you can always cut your raw chicken into strips to speed up the cooking time to 20-25 minutes. If you love Caesar salad, I highly recommend using garlic powder in place of paprika to season your chicken, but either one great, so you can always switch it up!
This recipe for baked parmesan chicken may just become one of your weeknight favorites. Enjoy!
Baked Parmesan Chicken
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend or white whole wheat flour, or spelt flour, or all-purpose
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese fresh, shredded or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika or garlic powder
- 2 to 3 egg whites beaten
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breast fillets small
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mist or spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray or healthy oil.
- Combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, pepper, paprika (or garlic powder) in a shallow dish. In a separate bowl, place the beaten egg white. Dip the chicken breasts in the egg white, then dredge in the flour/cheese mixture.
- Place coated chicken in dish and bake for 45 min to 1 hr uncovered (cooking time depends on the size of your chicken breast). Do not flip halfway through. It will be done when the coating is browned, and when pierced, its no longer pink and the juices run clear.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more tasty weeknight recipes, check out our healthy meal plans!
This baked parmesan chicken recipe was contributed by Kristine from BusyButHealthy.com.