Sometimes, you have to train smarter, not harder. You don’t need to spend hours every day at the gym to get results. Instead, if you want toned arms, you should focus on doing a few sets of the most effective arm moves.
These eight exercises are some of the best arm moves out there. You can add them to your regular routine to work on your shoulders, biceps, triceps, and upper back. Or you can string them together to create an efficient, powerful upper body workout.
For this workout, you’ll have to choose appropriate dumbbells. Dumbbells that are too heavy will cause you to lose proper form and can lead to injury. On the other hand, dumbbells that are too light won’t give you great results. Look for a weight with which you can complete most reps easily, struggling only with the last two or three.
What You’ll Need: a set of dumbbells, a bench
What to Do: For each move, complete the assigned number of repetitions and sets. Rest for 30 to 60 seconds in between sets.
Below, we’ve included videos showing how to perform each move. Using proper form helps prevent injuries and ensures you’re getting the most out of your workout.
1. Dumbbell Curls – 4 sets of 8 reps
2. Tricep Dips – 3 sets of 15 reps
3. Dumbbell Row – 4 sets of 8 reps
4. Upright Dumbbell Row – 4 sets of 8 reps
5. Overhead Tricep Extensions – 4 sets of 8 reps
6. Dumbbell Shoulder Press – 4 sets of 8 reps
7. Push Ups – 3 sets of 15 reps
8. Plank – 2 sets of 45 seconds each
Upright Dumbbell Row
Overhead Tricep Extension
Dumbbell Shoulder Press