The irresistible aroma of pancakes might bring you back to those childhood days of lounging around on weekend mornings watching cartoons. But you don’t have to be a kid to enjoy a warm stack of fluffy flapjacks; in fact, you can turn to them as a solution for a healthy breakfast! That’s where our Chocolate Chip Workout Pancakes come in handy.
Not only healthy, these drool-worthy chocolate chip pancakes can also support your fitness goals! This recipe packs a major protein punch, thanks to the scoop of vanilla protein powder added to the mix. Protein is an essential nutrient that can help you power through high intensity workouts and achieve great results. These pancakes use clean eating ingredients like bananas, a superfood rich in fast-acting carbohydrates and potassium, which can fuel a major workout.
The guilt-free delights also call for almond flour, a healthier alternative to white flour that’s bursting with vitamins and nutrients. So what are you waiting for? Whip up a stack of these moist, chocolatey delights before hitting the gym- they’ll be your secret weapon to fire through even the toughest workout!
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 2 pancakes | Calories: 423 | Total Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 206mg | Sodium: 108mg | Carbohydrates: 40g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 25g | Protein: 23g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 16
- 1 (very ripe) large banana, broken in half
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond milk, optional coconut or regular milk
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 scoop Clean vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (recommend Enjoy Life)
- Add the banana, eggs, milk, almond flour, and protein powder to a blender and pulse until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Lightly spray a nonstick griddle or skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium. Add batter using 1/4 cup and cook until golden on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side. Pancakes are ready to flip when they start to dry around the edges.
- Optional: Drizzle with a little pure maple syrup.
- The NutriBullet High Speed Blender is ideal for making pancakes and other workout recipes.
What’s your favorite pre-workout meal? We’d love to hear from you, so let us know what you think in the comments below.