These Instant Pot Barbecue Ribs are about to be your new go-to ribs recipe. A classic yet flavorful blend of spices and seasoning makes these ribs the perfect pick for newbies and longtime barbecue connoisseurs alike. And while ribs are definitely a summertime staple, this Instant Pot recipe makes it easy to whip up your favorite barbecue entree any time of year. It’s the perfect way to turn a backyard barbecue fixture into a dinner fit for a weeknight.
Whether you’re planning a midsummer backyard bash or just trying to mix up your midweek meal rotation, these Instant Pot Barbecue ribs should do the trick.
Perfectly Seasoned for All Seasons
When it comes to barbecue, it’s all about bold flavors. Proper seasoning is especially key when you’re making ribs. This recipe achieves a classic, savory barbecue flavor thanks to a blend of simple spices you probably already have on hand. A dry rub of onion, garlic, and chili powders mixed with salt, pepper, paprika, and brown sugar gives these ribs a flavorful base. It’s the perfect blend of savory, sweet, and spicy!
Starting with this seasoning is a crucial first step that will give your ribs the perfect rich, warm barbecue flavor with a little subtle spice. Once rubbed with the spice mix, you’ll want to wrap the ribs and let them refrigerate for at least two hours. If you can prep them the night before, you’ll give these ribs a little extra time to absorb the seasoning. It can only enhance their flavor profile.
Barbecue Ribs: No Barbecue Required
There’s truly nothing the Instant Pot can’t do (except maybe the dishes)! These Instant Pot Barbecue Ribs prove the world’s most versatile kitchen tool has also mastered easy barbecue.
We all love tasty summer barbecue, but when it comes to outdoor cooking, there’s a lot that can go wrong. Whether you’re hit with less than ideal weather or you’ve got a backyard full of people and realize you forgot to get gas for the grill, the Instant Pot is your new barbecue hero.
The trick to perfect Instant Pot ribs? Instead of stacking them, insert the trivet rack into the bottom of the pot and stand the ribs up onto the rack. Arranged in a circular fashion, these ribs cook in just 23 minutes. Brush them with barbecue sauce before serving for the perfect sweet and savory ribs.
Thanks to the Instant Pot, this summertime classic gets an easy update ideal for all seasons.
Yield: 8 servings | Serving Size: about 8 ounces | Calories: 580 | Total Fat: 37 g | Saturated Fat: 13 g | Carbohydrates: 17 g | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 13 g | Protein: 44 g | Cholesterol: 156 mg | Sodium: 687 mg | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 18
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup of water
- 4 pounds bone-in baby back ribs
- 1 cup no-sugar added BBQ Sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, brown sugar, paprika, pepper, and salt. Mix well. Coat all sides of the ribs with the seasoning mixture, lightly rubbing the mixture into the ribs. Tightly wrap the ribs in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Place the trivet rack into the bottom of the Instant Pot and pour in the water. Place the ribs in the pot, do not stack. Instead, place them in the Instant Pot in a circular fashion, standing up. Place the lid on the pot and seal.
- Cook the ribs for 23 minutes on the manual setting with high pressure. Once time is up, let the pot sit for 5 minutes before manually releasing the steam. Remove the ribs from the Instant Pot and brush with BBQ sauce. Serve.
Subscribe to our Newsletter to have all our best recipes hand-picked and delivered straight to your inbox.