This unique chutney will become your new favorite!
This radish chutney is tongue tickling spicy, zesty, and sour, with a hint of sweetness. The taste of the radish chutney can elevate a boring dish to instantly interesting. Healthy chutneys are a great way to jazz up many recipes, but the crisp spice of radishes makes this one especially interesting.
Marinade fish and meats, make gravy for egg curry, spread over crackers. Dive into the adventure and enjoy the wide options that are available with radish chutney.
- 3 cups radishes roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon panch foron mixture of nigella seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds/wildcelery seeds, fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground, dry roasted
- 1 teaspoon coriander ground, dry roasted
- 1 teaspoon red chili ground, dry roasted
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar stevia
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Boil chopped radish in a small amount of water until soft.
- Semi mash the radishes with a fork. Set aside.
- Heat oil on a separate pan.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add panch foron.
- Once panch foron starts to splatter, add the semi mashed radish.
- Add all other spices, sugar (stevia), tamarind paste, vinegar and salt.
- Cook at medium-low heat, mixing occasionally until water evaporates.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
This recipe comes courtesy of Lail. She loves taking things from dab to fab. However, in today’s fast-paced world, it can be hard to find the time to sit down or to just slow down for a minute to celebrate & enjoy daily life. She started With A Spin blog as a creative outlet and an expression of many things she enjoys in life: family, creativity, food. Lail enjoys adding a spin to the culture she was brought up in with the one she spent most of her adult life in. The goal of her blog is to make a connection between Desi elegance with western chic by sharing, inspiring and empowering others to tackle and celebrate everyday life through food, creativity and love. Follow Lail on Twitter, Facebook, and on Pinterest.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily enewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.