Get ready to add this recipe to your arsenal of awesome slow cooker stews and soups.
If you’ve been looking for a nutritious and healthy Tex-Mex inspired soup, look no further! Our Slow Cooker Tex Mex Chicken Soup has wholesome ingredients like corn, black beans, lime juice, tomatoes, and chicken breasts. Plus, it has just a fraction of the salt and calories of most Tex Mex dishes. Instead of sacrificing flavor to cut fat, we choose to swap in different ingredients to add depth, like tomatillos, poblano peppers, and cilantro.
So get ready to add this recipe to your arsenal of awesome slow cooker stews and soups. We guarantee you’re going to love it!
Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 2 poblano peppers minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 15 ounces black beans can, rinsed and drained
- 4 1/2 ounces diced green chili peppers can
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatillos or crushed, can
- 3 cups chicken broth low-sodium, fat-free (use more broth for a thinner soup)
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-2 inch cubes (no need to pre-cook)
- 1/2 cup cilantro freshly chopped, for garnish
- Add all ingredients except cilantro to the slow cooker, stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours, or high 3-4 hours.
- Add chopped cilantro as a garnish.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms