Stocking up on some summer backyard barbecue recipes? Here’s one that belongs on your list. These spicy pork chops with cool melon salsa will be gone in minutes when you serve them up at your next gathering. To tempt you even more, we’ve made them super easy to prepare.
First, simply combine the seasoning and then coat the pork chops. Heat up some olive oil on a skillet and begin to sear the pork chops on both sides for around 5 to 7 minutes. Once you’ve cooked the pork chops, it’s time for the salsa! Salsa is a great way to enhance the flavors of your main dish, as it has simple ingredients with a kick. This melon salsa is a great modification for the summer heat with a touch of sweet and spicy. It is made from watermelon, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and that’s it! All you have to do is kick back and enjoy the pork chops and salsa.
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1 pork chop and 3 tablespoons salsa | Calories: 423 | Total Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 593mg | Carbohydrates: 6g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 42g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (6 to 8 ounce) boneless lean pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup watermelon, crushed
- 1/4 cup cantaloupe, diced small
- 1/4 cup honeydew melon, diced small
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cliantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a small bowl, combine salt, red pepper, and paprika. Coat both sides of the pork chops with spice mixture and set a side.
- In a medium skillet heat the olive oil on medium heat, once hot add seasoned pork chops. Sear on each side for about 5 to 7 minutes (per side) or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees. Set pork chops aside to rest.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine together watermelon, onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Serve on top of pork chops.