Chocolate-covered strawberries meet peanut butter cups with these vegan chocolate strawberry coconut butter cups. This tasty treat is vegan, no-bake, and has under 200 calories. With a delicious strawberry coconut filling between two layers of semi-sweet chocolate, this easy treat is the perfect solution to any sweet tooth cravings.
The Perfect No-Bake Treat
With sweet strawberry filling and a rich chocolate exterior, these cups are the perfect match for any chocolate craving. With a flavor combo reminiscent of your usual February favorite, this recipe is great for Valentine’s Day.
However, with a fun and fresh strawberry-coconut filling and no-bake ease, these vegan chocolate strawberry coconut butter cups make for the perfect summer dessert. Summer baking can be tough. There are so many fun and sweet summer flavors. But most days, you just don’t want to turn on the oven.
This easy, no-bake treat is totally oven-free. In fact, all you’ll need is the freezer. Okay, okay, you’re going to have to microwave some chocolate chips. But that’s it, I promise. Once the chocolate’s melted, it’s time to chill.
While this tasty treat is perfect for chocolate cravings year-round, these vegan chocolate strawberry coconut butter cups are the best way to cool down with a sweet treat this summer. (Once you’ve gotten tired of ice cream, that is.)
Easy to Make
This answer to your chocolate cravings is not only healthy, but also super easy to make. With just 30 minutes and a freezer, you’ll have a perfect chocolatey treat.
Start with unsweetened shredded coconut, sliced strawberries, and honey. Sounds refreshing and delicious already, doesn’t it? Blend the coconut first, then add the strawberries and honey and continue to blend until smooth. Add coconut flour and pulse until just blended. This will achieve the perfect consistency for your sweet strawberry coconut filling.
Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together until smooth. Some people will insist the only way to melt chocolate chips is to go all out with a double-boiler on the stove top. I think those people are leading unnecessarily complicated lives. I’ve always had perfect results melting chocolate in the microwave. Just be sure to check and stir it at regular intervals, about every 30 seconds or so.
Once your chocolate is melted (in the microwave or otherwise), place about one tablespoon into the bottom of each cup in a paper-lined muffin tin. This will be the base for the filling, so make sure the chocolate is spread evenly. Pop in the freezer for ten minutes.
Remove from the freezer, and spread about half a tablespoon of strawberry filling evenly on top of each chocolate cup. Cover each cup with 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate, making sure to fully cover the strawberry filling.
Pop back in the freezer for another ten to fifteen minutes (or until set) and enjoy!
You can store these sweet treats in an airtight container in the fridge so they’re ready whenever those chocolate cravings hit.
Yield: 12 chocolate cups | Serving Size: 1 chocolate cup | Calories: 178 | Total Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fat: 8 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Carbohydrates: 21 g | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 17 g | Protein: 1 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 5 mg | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11 |
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, we use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a food processor, blend the shredded coconut on high, stopping as needed to scrape down the sides. Add the strawberries and maple syrup, blend until smooth. Add the coconut flour and pulse just until blended. Set aside.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and set aside. Gently melt the chocolate chips and the coconut oil together until smooth. Add about 1 teaspoon of the melted chocolate to the bottom of the paper cups, make sure the chocolate is spread evenly on the bottom. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chocolate from the freezer. Place about 1/2 tablespoon of the strawberry filling on top of the chocolate, use your fingers to spread the mixture evenly over the chocolate as needed. Cover with about 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate, or enough to cover the strawberry filling.
- Return the chocolate cups to the freezer until set, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the freezer and enjoy! Store, refrigerated, in an air tight container.