by Skinny Ms.
We found DJ Eko this 4th of July via her super pumped up Electro Yum mix. Hopping online and visiting her website we learned that she has DJ’d for Beyonce and was featured in Martha Stewart Magazine [how to find real djs for weddings]. DJ Eko generally globe trots, splitting her time between NYC and the West Coast. Seeing her vast catalogue of mixes and the fact she plays everything from yoga classes to Coachella, we figured she could curate an amazing list of special goodies as a soundtrack to inspire all of our readers in the kitchen.
So, while you pull out the veggies to chop and cut, slice and dice, here are DJ eko’s soulful, upbeat tunes for a good long session of cooking and grooving in the kitchen.
If you want more tunes for Sunday pancake-making sessions or cocktail hour, hightail it over to her sunny downtempo mix entitled, Sol Du Brasil. If you need to burn all of the nom-nom calories off, hit Electro Yum – Turbo for an awesome gym workout soundtrack.
1. Kimbra –Settle Down
2. Vampire Weekend – Horchata
3. Florence and the Machine – Dog Days – MTV Live
4. Noisettes – Never Forget You
5. Ray Charles – I’ve Got a Woman
6. Jamie Woon – Lady Luck
7. Nikka Costa – Everybody Got Their Something
8. Fat Freddy’s Drop – Wandering Eye
9. Manu Chao – Me Gustas Tu
10. Estelle – Come Over
11. Toots & The Maytals – Pressure Drop
12. The Bamboos – The Willhelm Scream
13. Otis Redding – The Happy Song
14. Nickodemus – Mi Swing Es Tropical
15. Sade – By Your Side (cottonbelly remix)
16. Quadron – Average Fruit
17. Amy Winehouse – Mr. Magic
18. Al Green – Love and Happiness (Shoes rework)
19. M.I.A. – Paper Planes (DFA remix)
21. Sonora y Mundaca – Love You Down
22. Frank Ocean – Thinking About You
Fitness Lovers: be sure to check out Electro Yum – Turbo for an awesome gym workout soundtrack. Comment below and let us know what you think of the music.