Little changes can have a big impact on your health!
Stomach fat is stubborn. Unfortunately, excess stomach fat is also a serious health risk. People who carry their weight in their midsection have an increased risk of diabetes, heart disease, fatty liver, and metabolic syndrome. Luckily, a few simple habits can help reduce that stubborn stomach fat. Check out these 10 tiny changes to lose stomach fat fast. Little changes can have a big impact on your health and midsection!
1. Drink more water. You might be dehydrated and not even know it. It’s easy to mistake thirst for hunger, so next time you feel peckish, drink a glass of water, wait a few minutes, and see if your hunger subsides. Additionally, drinking more water will help your skin and your energy level as well as your waistline.
2. Get enough sleep. Studies have shown that people who get the recommended amount of sleep are less likely to be overweight. Getting to bed early stops you from reaching for a late-night snack, and can provide you with enough energy for a morning workout.
3. Pick up those weights. Cardio does help burn fat, but it’s much more effective when combined with weight training. Weight training helps speed up your metabolism, as well as build lean muscle. It even has other benefits, including maintaining bone mass and improving balance. Don’t have a gym membership? Try these Top 10 Body Weight Workouts to Lose Weight to get the same benefits.
4. Avoid soda. You probably know that sugar is a major culprit when it comes to weight gain. If you’re not sure how to start detoxing from sugar, start by cutting soda and other sugary drinks from your diet. Replace soda with water, seltzer, or tea to hydrate and cut down on empty calories.
5. Plan ahead. Cooking your own meals is the best way to avoid extra sugar, salt, fat, and calories. When you prepare food in your own home, you know exactly what you’re eating. Sit down and plan a week’s worth of meals and snacks before you go grocery shopping. Prepare as much as possible over the weekend, so that when hunger strikes, you have healthy foods ready to eat.