Summer has arrived, and that means it’s time to kick off your shoes, roll up your sleeves, and get busy making little changes to create big results. Whether you’re a do-it-yourselfer, a baker, an adventurer, or all of the above, we’ve got you covered on ways to make this your best summer ever!
1. Meditate at least 10 minutes per day.
2. Come up with one “big idea” and make it happen.
3. Get a new, fun haircut or try a different color.
4. Pamper yourself. Get a massage.
5. Adopt a shelter pet or volunteer at a shelter.
6. Smile at a stranger.
7. Throw a “clean eating” dinner party.
8. Start a running program.
9. Read that book you’ve been meaning to read.
10. Call an old friend.
11. Order a dish at a restaurant that you have never tried before.
12. Pay for someone’s meal out.
13. Be grateful for the little things.
14. Visit a new town and find something fun to do there.
15. Lend a helping hand when it’s least expected.
16. Replace one junk food with a superfood.
17. Keep a food journal.
18. Visit a local retirement home and hold someone’s hand.
19. Plant your favorite vegetable.
20. Live in the moment.
21. Visit a new town.
22. Rent a boat.
23. Make a new playlist with your favorite songs from back in the day.
24. Go camping.
25. Visit a farmers market.
26. Have a water balloon fight.
27. Find good deals at a garage sale.
28. Learn how to use a slow cooker.
29. Make homemade applesauce.
30. Make your own popsicles.
31. Host a game night with family and friends.
32. Create a reading space/nook in your house or yard.
33. Create an herb garden on the window sill or in your own backyard.
34. Wear bright colors.
35. Participate in a beach or park clean-up.
36. Eat outside at least twice per week.
37. Upcycle old clothing, lumber, etc, into a work of art.
38. Make a mosaic stepping stone for the garden.
39. Take the dog(s) to the dog park.
40. Rent a projector and host a movie night in the backyard.
41. Challenge yourself to make a new recipe each week.
42. Host a healthy, clean eating potluck dinner.
43. Take a surfing lesson.
44. Play frisbee on the beach or at a park.
45. Meet friends for coffee or tea.
46. Make homemade healthful ice cream.
47. Help the kids with a lemonade stand.
48. Go berry picking.
49. Challenge yourself to walk or ride, instead of drive.
50. Host a healthy chili cook-off.
51. Surprise a friend with a flower and a note.
52. Hang a hummingbird feeder on the balcony or deck.
53. Get a mani/pedi.
54. Dust off those rollerblades and go rollerblading.
55. Replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
56. Hit the flea market for some good finds.
57. Have a girls’ night out.
58. Buy a new perfume.
59. Write a short essay about a personal memory.
60. Stop and smell the roses.
61. Go bicycling.
62. Go sailing.
63. Visit a state you’ve never visited.
64. Make a donation to your favorite charity.
65. Volunteer at a homeless shelter.
66. Take an online class.
67. Join a book club.
68. Drink more water.
69. Wear sunscreen.
70. Take an outdoor yoga class.
71. Reduce your carbon footprint.
72. Simplify your lifestyle. Declutter.
73. Create your own mantra.
74. Express gratitude.
75. Give up refined sugar.
76. Walk 10k steps a day.
77. Reduce streaming and TV watching time.
78. Start a new workout program.
79. Clean house and give unwanted items to charity.
80. Make yourself a simple home workout space.
81. Take a dance class.
82. Visit the local library.
83. Become a grilling diva.
84. Become a pro at push ups.
85. Mow the grass with a push mower.
86. Pack a clean eating picnic and invite a friend.
87. Spend more time in nature.
88. Create an inspiration board.
89. Forgive someone.
90. Go hiking.
91. Run or bike a charity race.
92. Watch one of your favorite artists perform live.
93. Spend a night out looking at the stars.
94. Plant a tree.
95. Paint an old piece of furniture and make it new again.
96. Get informed about a social issue.
97. Create and organize a photo album.
98. Do a favor for a neighbor.
99. Join a local organization or group in your neighborhood.
100. Take up a new craft, like pottery or painting.
101. Remember those you love, and make them a priority.
Get clean eating recipes, innovative new workouts, and healthy lifestyle tips delivered right to your inbox with our newsletter! And for even more SkinnyMs., check out our Facebook and Pinterest to stay informed!
We need your feedback! Go to the comments section to let us know what you think of this article, and tell us what you’d like to see more of!