Add some serious flavor to any ordinary dish with this mouthwatering Walnut Cream Sauce! The recipe calls for just five wholesome, ultra-clean ingredients. The sauce excludes all cream- and milk-based products. It gets its rich, buttery character from a blend of walnut halves and water.
Unlike conventional sauces which feature processed ingredients and refined sugars, this recipe spotlights walnuts, one of mother nature’s superfoods. This wonderful source of plant-based protein is bursting with vitamins, cancer-fighting properties, and powerful antioxidants that boost your immune system. Bold, aromatic garlic and black pepper add delicious body to the savory sauce. Dress up your sautéed greens or drizzle over tonight’s pasta dish. Utterly scrumptious!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 51 | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 284 | Carbohydrates: 2g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 1g | SmartPoints: 2
- 1 cup chopped walnut halves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Turn on low and add 2/3 cup water a little at a time until sauce is creamy. More water can be added and blended if a thinner sauce is desired.
- The sauce can be heated on medium-low just to heat through and toss with whole wheat pasta or zucchini noodles. It can also be drizzled over or tossed into sautéed greens, such as spinach or kale.
Love the sauce? Hungry for more? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else on the site.