Everyone has their own special pie crust recipe, but they’re typically loaded with butter and processed flour. Not the case with our Almond Crumb Pie Crust. Instead of butter and flour, this recipe calls for coconut oil and processed raw almonds that are full of irresistibly good-for-you flavor! Add a dash of cinnamon and coconut sugar and you’ve got a healthy pie crust that’ll have everyone begging for the recipe.
The crust-making process is super easy. Simply pulse the almonds, create a crumb mixture, press into a pan, and bake. Once ready, add your favorite filling and enjoy!
Yields: 12 servings | Calories: 149 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 12mg | Carbohydrates: 14g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5
- 1 cup raw almonds with skin
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, optional pure butter
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a food processor or chopping device, add almonds, oats, salt, and cinnamon. Pulse until a fine crumb-like consistency, being careful not to turn into flour. In a medium mixing bowl, combine crumbs with coconut sugar and melted oil or butter.
- Add crumb mixture to a 9-inch pie plate or springform pan. Press crumbs onto the bottom and sides. (Tip: To make it a little easier, place a piece of plastic wrap around your hand for pressing or use the bottom of a drinking glass.)
- Place pie plate on the center oven rack and bake 8 to 10 minutes, remove, and allow to cool completely before adding filling.
How did this pie crust turn out for you? What filling did you make? Let us know in the comments section below.