If you’re looking for a quick, easy, and delicious vegetarian main course, look no further than this Brussels sprout recipe. When these flavorful green veggies are sautéed until lightly caramelized, and tossed with sweet cherry tomatoes, you’ll never look at them the same way again. Topped with creamy goat cheese and crunchy walnuts, they become phenomenal. Serve this dish with quinoa, brown rice, or even whole wheat pasta. Feel free to play around a bit with the recipe by substituting pine nuts, blue cheese, feta, or whatever you have on hand. It’s sure to be a big hit!
Yield: 4 servings with 1/2 cup grains each | Calories: 391 | Total Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0g | Sodium: 101mg | Total Carbohydrates: 37g | Fiber: 6g | Sugars: 8g | Protein: 17g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 13
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- Cooked quinoa, brown rice, or whole wheat pasta for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the sliced Brussels Sprouts and sauté until soft and lightly browned. Add the lemon juice and stir.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan and stir, cooking until just starting to soften, about 2 minutes.
- To serve, top a half cup of rice or quinoa with the Brussels sprout mixture. Top with a sprinkling of goat cheese and walnuts.
And for more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite recipe from SkinnyMs.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.