Give your menu a delectable protein punch!
If you’re looking for an easy and flavorful shrimp recipe, try this Cajun shrimp dish. It cooks fast and is full of flavor, yet it’s low in calories, which means you can enjoy it without guilt. Cooking the shrimp in the shells gives it even more flavor, but you can use shelled shrimp if you prefer. This spicy shrimp and herbed brown rice recipe will give you a taste of Cajun cuisine without ever leaving your own kitchen! It pairs very well with the herbed brown rice. You can use instant brown rice in a pinch if you’re looking for a quick meal. Just cook it and combine with the herbs for a fast and delicious side. If you’re looking for some delicious shrimp dishes, put this one on the top of your list.
Check out other shrimp recipes from Skinny Ms.:
Quinoa and Shrimp Paella
Luscious Grilled Shrimp Salad in an Avocado Shell with Spiced Yogurt
Barbecued Shrimp Cocktail
Cajun Shrimp with Herbed Brown Rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice long grain
- 2 cups vegetable stock homemade
- 2 tablespoons thyme fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rosemary fresh, chopped
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion small, diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp unshelled
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes can, preferably fire-roasted, with juices
- salt and pepper to taste
Start with the rice:
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and the rice and stir until the rice is coated and lightly toasted. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cover. Cook for 50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in the herbs and lemon zest, season with salt and pepper and cover until ready to serve.
For the shrimp:
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and onion. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the garlic; cook for 1 more minute and add the spices. Stir and add the shrimp. Sauté until pink, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for a minute until the liquid is evaporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the shrimp on top of the rice.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily enewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.