If you’re looking for an easy and flavorful shrimp recipe, try this Cajun shrimp dish. It cooks fast and is full of flavor, yet it’s low in calories, which means you can enjoy it without guilt. Cooking the shrimp in the shells gives it even more flavor, but you can use shelled shrimp if you prefer. This spicy shrimp and herbed brown rice recipe will give you a taste of Cajun cuisine without ever leaving your own kitchen! It pairs very well with the herbed brown rice. You can use instant brown rice in a pinch if you’re looking for a quick meal. Just cook it and combine with the herbs for a fast and delicious side. If you’re looking for some delicious shrimp dishes, put this one on the top of your list.
Check out other shrimp recipes from SkinnyMs.:
Quinoa and Shrimp Paella
Luscious Grilled Shrimp Salad in an Avocado Shell with Spiced Yogurt
Barbecued Shrimp Cocktail
Yield: 6 |Calories: 307 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g| Trans Fat: 0g | Sodium: 283mg | Total Carbohydrates: 33g | Fiber: 4g | Sugars: 3g | Protein: 30g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 2 cups homemade vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, unshelled
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, preferably fire roasted, with juices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start with the rice:
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and the rice and stir until the rice is coated and lightly toasted. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cover. Cook for 50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in the herbs and lemon zest, season with salt and pepper and cover until ready to serve.
- For the shrimp:
- Heat a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and onion. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the garlic; cook for 1 more minute and add the spices. Stir and add the shrimp. Sauté until pink, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for a minute until the liquid is evaporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the shrimp on top of the rice.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.