Protein filled deliciousness!
You’re about to step into the magical world of protein pancakes! Ever since I made my first one, I got obsessed – these pancakes are not only quick and easy to whip up, they are also packed with superfoods and protein to boot! I won’t lie… I love ALL protein pancakes. I don’t discriminate. But these are especially good. The lovely coconut is beautifully paired with carob. Don’t have carob? No problem, simply use dark chocolate chips in its place, and add some extra cinnamon to the mix. Enjoy!
Carob Chip Coconut Protein Pancakes
For the Pancakes
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 tablespoon chocolate whey protein powder
- 1/2 tablespoon shredded coconut reduced-fat
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons liquid egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vanilla almond milk unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon applesauce unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons vegan carob chips or dark chocolate chips
For the Sauce
- 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter natural, used PB2 in this recipe
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee drink used Inka in this recipe
- 3 tablespoon water
For the Pancakes
- Grease pan with coconut oil and let heat on medium/low heat. While the pan is warming up, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add egg whites and combine. The coconut flour will absorb a lot of the liquid. Add almond milk and applesauce and combine again. When the pan is heated, put the mixture on the pan. Sprinkle with carob chips. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until the pancake moves around the pan more freely. Flip and cook for a few more minutes. Serve with sauce. Top with more shredded coconut and carob chips.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes, check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.