A creamy and healthy casserole that the whole family will adore!
There are some recipes that will always be dinner time classics. Chicken, brown rice, and broccoli is a common, go-to healthy option. And while we love the basics, we’re not into serving the same dishes week in and week out! So, we’ve upped the flavor of chicken and rice with a cheesy, creamy addition! With rich, savory flavors and hearty ingredients, our Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole will satisfy the whole family. Not to mention it’s so easy to make and ready in only 35 minutes!
The Perfect Weeknight Classic
Growing up, this recipe was one of my mom’s go-tos for busy weeknights. Between the whole family’s many activities, she liked to have a recipe on hand that meant all she had to do was throw a few ingredients together in a baking dish and pop it in the oven. Even now, though, this recipe stays with me and is one of my favorites to make for a weeknight dinner! It’s loved in my family, and I believe it will be loved in yours, as well!
A Whole Meal All in One
This meal has it all. With healthy whole grains, fibrous veggies, calcium-rich cheese, and lean protein, this casserole hits all of the essentials in just one scoop. One-dish meals are the perfect go-to choice for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. They’re simple, easy to execute and offer tons of amazing flavors without too much time or effort. Perfect for busy families and hungry kids, this dish will make sure to keep everyone full with healthy ingredients. Feel free to double or triple the batch too, because this recipe makes for some delicious leftovers!
Healthy, Hearty Ingredients
Chicken, cheddar cheese, broccoli, and brown rice team up in this dish for a creamy and hearty casserole.
- Chicken breast is an excellent lean protein that supports healthy muscle growth.
- Cheddar cheese provides even more protein, as well as bone-healthy calcium and vitamin D.
- Broccoli is an excellent green veggie that gives this recipe a pop of color and healthy nutrients like fiber and essential vitamins.
- Brown rice is used in this recipe because it blends all of the components together and offers tons of great nutrients like fiber and iron.
- Curry powder is a surprising addition that adds an interesting sweet and savory flavor profile, as well as some antioxidants.
Altogether, this casserole has tons of amazing, healthy and hearty ingredients that will satisfy even the hungriest dinner guest!
Make this Simple Cheesy Casserole
All you need for this recipe is a big bowl, an oven, and a baking dish. First, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl (minus 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese) and make sure it is well combined. Spread the mixture evenly into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top and cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 5 minutes. Remove the casserole from the oven and let it rest for about 5 minutes. Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- 3 cups chicken cooked, shredded
- 3 cups broccoli cut in florets
- 4 cups brown rice cooked
- 10.5 ounces light cream of mushroom soup canned
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients except for ¼ cup of cheddar cheese in a bowl, mixing well.
- Spread evenly into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over top, then cover with foil
- Bake for 25 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for about 5 minutes before serving
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you give this Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole a try, be sure to share your thoughts with us in the comment section, below!