A decadent slow cooker casserole to satisfy all your cravings!
Can you imagine a mouthwatering breakfast that cooks while you’re snoozing? It might seem too good to be true, but it’s not! This Overnight Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole works its magic while you sleep so you can wake up to the irresistible aroma of a homemade casserole that’ll have you skipping out of bed. It’s bursting with flavors of turkey sausage, eggs, potatoes, and cheese, so this breakfast casserole will start your day off right.
A Lightened-Up Version of a Decadent Dish
While most breakfast casseroles weigh you down with heavy calorie and fat profiles, our version keeps things light. Instead of pork sausage, we’ve subbed in turkey sausage as a healthier alternative. Meanwhile, low-fat cheddar cheese takes the place of its full-fat counterpart, while skim milk replaces regular milk. These skinny swaps shave off a chunk of calories when compared to conventional recipes. They keep our breakfast casserole light and guilt-free without skimping on flavor!
How To Make Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
This casserole is a cinch to prep, and the slow-cooker takes care of the rest. The trick is adding ingredients in a particular order. You’ll want to layer the ingredients, placing half of the potatoes in the slow cooker, followed by half of the sausage, orange peppers, onion, and cheese. Then, repeat the process with the remaining halves of each ingredient.
Finally, combine eggs and seasoning in a mixing bowl and add the egg mixture to the slow cooker. Set the slow cooker to low and allow the appliance to work its magic for the next eight hours. And voila: You’ll have a warm, cheesy, decadent breakfast meal ready to enjoy the following morning!
A Certified Crowd-Pleaser
This breakfast casserole is an almost guaranteed crowd-pleaser. It serves as the perfect solution for a main course at your next brunch! Alternatively, this make-ahead meal makes an incredible hearty breakfast for your entire family to enjoy on a weekday morning. Filling and delicious, this decadent casserole tastes impressive and requires minimum cleanup, so you really can’t go wrong.
If you have leftovers of this slow-cooker recipe, you can easily freeze sections of your casserole and reheat them for a mid-day snack. So forget waking up early to make breakfast! Grab some extra zzzs and let your slow cooker do the work for you with this scrumptious overnight breakfast casserole!
Overnight Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- 2 pounds frozen potatoes diced or shredded
- 1 pound ground turkey sausage cooked into small pieces
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper diced
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Place half the potatoes in the slow cooker, top with half the sausage, half the red and orange peppers, half the onion, and half the cheese. Repeat with the remain potatoes, sausage, peppers, onions, and cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs with remaining seasonings. Mix well until combined. Pour over the ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 to 8 1/2 hours. Serve hot.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more brunch recipes, try these guilt-free breakfast options!
- Romantic Chocolate Raspberry Pancakes
- 4-Ingredient Protein Pancakes
- Crock Pot Apple Maple Pecan French Toast
- Caprese and Smashed Avocado Toast
- Light and Sweet Whipped Coffee