Indian-inspired flavors take on pizza- deliciously genius.
Danielle Walker is the author and creator of the grain-free recipe blog, Against All Grain. Enjoy her recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala Pizza! You can read more about Danielle and her blog below.
Chicken Tikka Masala Pizza
- 1 pound skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 2 cups strained tomatoes or tomato sauce
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup cashew cream (recipe to follow)
- 1 cup smoked gouda cheese shredded (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whole raw cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Mix the tomato sauce, onions, garlic, garam masala, ginger, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper and pour it into the insert of a slow cooker. Place the chicken on top of the sauce and cook on low for 6 hours.
- When the sauce has 30 minutes left to cook, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, grind the cashews until a fine flour has formed. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and curry powder, then process the mixture for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and water and process for another minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pulse a few more times until you have a very smooth dough. Let the dough rest for 2 minutes to let the coconut flour absorb some of the liquid.
- Sprinkle a piece of parchment paper with a little almond flour, then turn the dough out onto the counter. Sprinkle a little more flour on the top of the ball of dough, then place another piece of parchment on top.
- Use your hands to flatten the ball into a disc, then lightly roll out the dough into a circle that is 1/4 inch thick. Carefully remove the top piece of parchment. You may have to gently tug from the corner to get the parchment to release as it is a sticky dough. Slide the other piece with the crust onto a pizza pan. Bake the crust for 12 minutes, or until it has puffed up slightly and is golden brown around the edges.
- While the crust is baking, remove the chicken from the sauce and give it a rough chop. Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the cashew cream. Return the chicken back to the sauce.
- Brush the crust with a little olive oil, then spoon the chicken and sauce onto the pre-baked pizza crusts, leaving a ½ border of crust. Sprinkle with cheese, then return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve hot. Enjoy!
To Make the Cashew Cream
- Soak 1 cup of raw cashews in 3 cups hot water for 30 minutes. Drain the cashews, but reserve the soaking water. Place the cashews in a blender with 3/4 cup of the soaking water and blend until smooth. It should be a similar thickness of a Greek yogurt. If it’s too thick, add a little water at a time to get your desired consistency.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Danielle has amassed over 150 grain-free recipes that are also free of refined sugar and lactose. She is first and foremost a devoted wife and loving mom to her wonderful husband and rambunctious toddler, but finds joy in her spare time developing tasty recipes for those on restricted diets. Using grain-free flours such as coconut and almond flour, she creates familiar comfort foods that leave people with food allergies feeling satisfied rather than deprived. Her passion is to share with everyone that eating a diet of real, healthy foods does not mean living in a world of bland and uneventful food.
All of the recipes on Against All Grain are grain-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and low to minimal dairy. Find Danielle on Facebook