It is possible to make delicious cookies using whole food ingredients. Shocking, we know. But definitely doable. These chocolate chip cookies are addictive.
Yields: 8 cookies | Serving Size: 1 Cookie | Calories: 179 | Total Fat: 9 gm | Saturated Fats: 3 gm | Trans Fats: 0 gm | Cholesterol: 2 mg | Sodium: 10 mg | Carbohydrates: 22 gm | Dietary Fiber: 2 gm | Sugars: 62 gm | Protein: 4 gm | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8 |
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup cooked oatmeal (instant or old-fashioned)
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup grain sweetened chocolate chips (or dairy free chips)
- Note: If you don’t want to use the chocolate chips, they could be very easily substituted with raisins, nuts or dried fruits of any kind.
- Food processor
- Large mixing bowl
- PREHEAT: 325 degrees F.
- Mix everything except the chocolate chips in the food processor. Dough should be wet and stickly.
- Using your spatula, scrape dough into your mixing bowl and mix in chocolate chips. Spoon onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes