The ultimate guilt-free dessert on those days when you need to cool off!
You’ve probably tried a frozen banana coated in hard chocolate. Delicious, yes- but a little basic. Here at SkinnyMs., we’ve taken the ordinary banana-themed dessert to a whole new, flavorful level. Instead of freezing the entire fruit, we’ve tossed it in a blender with nutritious ingredients like almond milk, honey, and coconut oil to create chocolate-dipped banana cream pops!
Blending the scrumptious combo yields an ultra-creamy ice cream consistency. The frozen mixture is then dipped in melted chocolate and layered with shredded coconut and chopped nuts. Refreshing and delectable, these banana cream pops make the ultimate guilt-free dessert on those days when you need to cool off!
Chocolate-Dipped Banana Cream Pops
Banana Cream Pops
- 2 bananas large, ripe
- 2 cups coconut milk optional almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey raw
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Nuts and Coconut
- 3/4 cup coconut unsweetened, shredded
- 3/4 cup nuts peanuts, walnuts, pistachios, or almonds, finely chopped
- In a food processor or blender, add bananas, coconut milk, vanilla, and honey. Pulse until well combined. Fill 6 popsicle molds, or 8 for smaller popsicles, and insert sticks.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours, or until completely frozen.
- Spread coconut on a plate and spread nuts on another plate. Cover a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper, to place popsicles after dipping.
- Remove popsicles from freezer and allow to thaw a bit on the countertop for about 3 to 5 minutes, or run the mold under very warm water, briefly, to loosen from molds.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over low heat on the stovetop, stirring constantly, until melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon chocolate over a popsicle and then gently press the popsicle into the nuts and coconut to coat.
- Continue with the other popsicles and place on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze, uncovered, for at least an hour for the coating to get solid. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Love the healthy dessert? Let us know! Leave a comment below.