Give the classic sandwich a nutritious boost
This almond butter and jelly recipe is easy to make in advance to snack on or so that you are ready to make lunches for weeks. As far as healthy dishes and healthy foods go, almonds are right up there as one of the best energy sources, providing fiber, protein, and a little heart healthy fat that is easily burned as fuel by the body.
Clean Eating Almond Butter and Jelly
- 2 cups almonds peels on
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond oil or peanut oil or olive oil (not virgin or extra virgin varieties)
- 1 tablespoon honey or other natural sweetener such as maple syrup or agave nectar (optional)
- 1 cup fruit-sweetened preserves of choice jam or jelly, homemade or store-bought
- Toast the almonds in a medium-sized skillet or heavy bottom saute pan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until fragrant, stirring constantly.
- Add the warm nuts, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon of the oil to a food processor or blender and puree on high speed for one to two minutes. Add more oil if necessary to achieve a smooth consistency. Taste and add more salt and the sweetener if using. Puree for 30 seconds more to combine.
- Spoon one layer of almond butter into containers or jars, and spread, followed by a spoonful of jelly and spread, repeating to form layers. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks. This recipe makes about 3 cups.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.