Everyone will love these!
Crispy kale and pumpkin croquettes are a must try side dish any time of the year!
This recipe is brought to you by Adele of the Veggie Head. For more yummy vegetarian recipes like this, follow the Veggie Head on one or all of the following media sites: on her website Veggie Head; on Facebook; and on Twitter.
Crispy Kale and Pumpkin Croquettes
- 4 cups pumpkin diced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup kale torn into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes optional
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Pre-heat oven to 200ºC.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan, and cook kale until crispy; about 5 minutes.
- Bake pumpkin for 45-60 minutes or until tender.
- When cool, process or blend pumpkin until smooth then gently mix in almond meal, chia seeds and sesame seeds.
- Stir in salt, pepper, chili flakes, cumin and turmeric.
- Cradle a tablespoon-sized amount of pumpkin mix in your palm, then press in a few pieces of kale.
- Use a little bit more mix to cover the kale, and continue to make croquettes until finished.
- Bake for 15 minutes on an oven tray until firm.
- Serve with green salad and dip.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms