Quick and easy weekday pancakes. A great way to use up leftover sweet potatoes!
If you thought pancakes were just for weekends, think again. Requiring just two ingredients, these scrumptious Sweet Potato Pancakes are an easy way to enjoy a great breakfast any day of the week! Plus, in addition to being a cinch to whip up, they are quite healthy.
Healthier, and Perhaps Even Tastier!
Unlike regular pancakes that weigh you down with calorie-dense butter and sugar, this recipe swaps those ingredients for one nutritious vegetable. Sweet potato provides both starch and sweetness, as well as an incredibly rich flavor. Meanwhile, this life-saving superfood ingredient also packs tons of vitamins, minerals, and carotenoids to give your eyesight and immunity a boost! These beyond easy Sweet Potato Pancakes are a sweet (and healthy) way to start to your day.
A Super Easy Breakfast!
All that you need to do is combine the peeled, cooked, and mashed sweet potato with the eggs in a bowl. Heat a skillet on medium heat and coat with non-stick spray. Pour about 1/4 of a cup of batter into the pan, and cook for a few minutes on each side. Repeat this process until all of the batter is used! Super easy, right? This recipe makes 6 pancakes, and offers 3 servings, however each serving is only 80 calories! This means that you could technically eat all 3 servings for less than 250 calories!
Feel Free to Change It Up
With that being said, while this recipe only requires two ingredients, you can add on anything that you’d like to make it a bit more filling! Top the pancakes off with a little bit of butter, honey, maple syrup, nuts, cinnamon, or even mixed berries! The options are pretty much endless. No matter which way you eat them though, they’re going to be delicious!
Easy 2-Ingredient Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 1 cup sweet potatoes mashed (about 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cooked)
- 2 eggs
- Combine the sweet potato and egg. Stir well. If desired, add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Lightly spray a skillet with non-stick spray and heat on medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan. Cook about 3 to 4 minutes, or until pancakes begin to bubble in the center and the edges are dry. Carefully flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Once cooked, remove pancake from the pan and repeat the process until all the batter has been used. Grease the skillet as needed with non-stick spray in-between cooking the pancakes.
- Serve hot. If desired, top with maple syrup, honey, coconut butter, fresh fruit, or your favorite jam!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For another healthy twist on an indulgent sweet, check out our Sweet Potato Brownies! We have plenty more delicious breakfast options to choose from, too! After trying these super simple sweet potato pancakes, give any or all of these recipes a shot:
- Romantic Chocolate Raspberry Pancakes
- Chocolate Chip Vegan Pancakes
- Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole
Editor’s note: This post was originally published on November 17, 2017.