This is your new favorite chicken recipe!
Here’s another easy prep recipe that is full of flavor and versatile enough to be served over a bed of brown rice or quinoa, made into a lettuce wrap or added to a salad.
Ginger Infused Honey Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce or gluten free tamari
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 1 ginger root knuckle freshly grated
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Cut chicken into 1" cubes. In a small mixing bowl combine soy sauce, sesame seed oil, grated ginger, garlic, balsamic vinegar, black pepper and salt. Pour mixture over chicken and toss to coat. Cover chicken, place in the refrigerator and marinate 2-3 hours.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high, add chicken along with marinade to the skillet. Cook chicken until done, about 8-10 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and honey, add to the chicken and continue cooking just until a glaze forms and the liquid thickens. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds when serving.
- Serving suggestions: serve over a bed of brown rice or quinoa, or add to lettuce for a wrap.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms