What’s more satisfying than biting into a juicy, flavorful turkey burger? When trying to live a healthy lifestyle, burgers might be out of the picture. However, subbing lean ground turkey in for conventional meat slashes that mega-calorie tally and delivers a great dose of satisfying protein. This grilled turkey burger recipe calls for clean ingredients like chopped parsley, crunchy onions, and garlic. These grilled turkey burgers are packed with nutrients and offer that rich, meaty flavor you crave without upping your cholesterol levels.
We’ve paired our recipe with a lovely cucumber salad. Bright, refreshing cucumbers and tomatoes are dressed with chives and coated with a splash of lime juice. The garden-fresh side forms a perfect flavor combo with the turkey burgers!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 patty and 1/4 cup salad | Calories: 314 | Total Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 130mg | Sodium: 637mg | Carbohydrates: 15g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 26g | SmartPoints: 8
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup plain whole wheat breadcrumbs or whole wheat panko
- 1/3 cup grated or finely chopped onions
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons canola oil or cooking spray to lightly coat the pan or grill
- 1 cucumber, diced small
- 1/2 cup chopped chives or green onions
- 1 medium-sized ripe tomato, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Combine all ingredients for turkey burgers, except olive oil.
- Form into 4 to 5 patties.
- Sprinkle each patty on both sides with olive oil, using fingers to coat. Lightly oil grates of grill.
- Set grill to medium-high heat or place a lightly-oiled skillet or grill pan on the stovetop over medium-high heat.
- Add patties to grill or skillet and cover (cover if using the grill) and grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix together all ingredients for cucumber salad. Serve room temperature or chill until serving.
Join the conversation! Leave a comment about this article or anything else on the site below. We’d love to hear from you!