This lightened version of the classic tuna slashes calories and fat without sacrificing that creamy consistency.
The end of the week rolls around and your cupboards are bare. Don’t despair! You might still have the ingredients for this scrumptious tuna melt. With simple ingredients like canned tuna, cheddar cheese, and whole-wheat wraps, you’ll be biting into this melty, protein-packed wrap in no time.
This lightened version of the classic tuna melt calls for Greek yogurt instead of conventional mayo, slashing a boatload unhealthy fat without sacrificing that creamy consistency. Using Greek yogurt is a healthy alternative but there are clean mayo options, just read the ingredient list before purchasing. Butter lettuce adds a juicy crunch. Reduced-fat cheddar cheese offers a guilt-free, gooey deliciousness that complements the tuna. Stuff the mouthwatering mixture in a wrap and top with pickles or jalapeños for a bold finish. Savory and satisfying, this is a super-easy lunch you can toss together any day!
Lite Tuna Melt Wrap
- 5 ounces chunk light tuna in water can, drained
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt low-fat, plain or clean mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 butter lettuce leaves or iceberg, large
- 1 whole-wheat wrap large
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese reduced-fat, shredded
- 4 pickle slices or jalapeño slices, optional
- Mix together all ingredients for creamy tuna. Spread in a broiler-safe baking dish/pan and sprinkle cheese on top. Place under broiler for one to two minutes, just until cheese melts.
- Lay wrap flat and line with lettuce leaves. Scoop tuna with melted cheese over wrap. Top with pickles or pickled jalapeño slices, if using. Tuck under one end and roll wrap. Cut in half and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your favorite quick and easy recipe? We’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment about this article or anything else on the site.