You know those moments when you need a quick boost? Maybe your energy is flagging, and you could use a little pick-me-up to get your butt back in gear? Something like those oatmeal energy bars that are everywhere, but maybe even smaller than that and, let’s face it, more fun? Introducing SkinnyMs. No Bake Energy Bites! All the boost you need in a perfect bite-sized package.
This isn’t one of those energy snack recipes that requires loads of preparation and hours toiling over a hot stove. A blender, a bowl, and a sealable container are all you need to create these no bake energy bites. A cup of almond butter or peanut butter brings the protein to the party and a half cup of chocolate chips ensures that these treats aren’t just energizing, they’re tasty too. The parade of healthy ingredients continues with banana, honey, chia (or flax) seeds, and even some shredded coconut if that’s your cup of tea!
Enlist the kids in a fun family activity of turning the mixture into little balls. Store them in the fridge for a couple of hours and voila! You have your very own oatmeal energy bars in the form of convenient bite-size treats. These bites are great for popping in your mouth instead of reaching for a bag of chips, and they’re also invaluable as a quick, energy boosting snack on the go. Dig in!
Yields: 20 servings | Serving Size: 1 energy bite | Calories: 203 | Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Sodium: 17 mg | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Carbohydrates: 24 g | Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 8 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints: 7
- 1/2 cup dark or bittersweet chocolate chips (mini or regular sized)
- 1 cup smooth almond butter or peanut butter
- 2 1/4 cups oats,
- 1 medium to large ripe banana, pureed
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, optional
- Line a sealable container with a square of wax paper.
- Grind 1/4 cup of oats in the blender until they reach a flour-like consistency. Pour ground oat flour into a large bowl. Add ground oats, remaining oats, chia seeds, salt, cocoa powder, and coconut (if using) to the bowl and mix.
- Puree a banana in the blender or with a fork.Add the nut butter, raw honey, vanilla, chocolate chips, and banana puree to oat mix, combine until fully incorporated.
- Using your hands, form into 20 balls and place on the wax paper. Once you have one layer of bites, another square of wax paper can be added, and more can be placed on the next sheet and so forth.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Bites can be stored in single layers in freezer bags after refrigeration for up to 3 months. Enjoy!
Stay informed about new recipes, workouts, and other healthy lifestyle topics by subscribing to our newsletter. Join our fun and thriving community on our Facebook page and check out our Pinterest, too!
Have some feedback for us? Let us know what you think of this post in the comments section below. Don’t forget to let us know what you’d like to read about in the future!