Sometimes you need something easy. Sometimes you need something zesty. Sometimes you need something AWESOME. But what about when you need (or want) all three at once? That’s when SkinnyMs. comes to the rescue once again with our super fab, super simple, and super tasty One-Pot Coconut Curry Shrimp.
This one-pot wonder is a no-fuss dinner option that will please the whole family. It’s also a welcome departure from Chicken Every Night Syndrome. Don’t avert your eyes, you know what we’re talking about. Our one-pot coconut curry shrimp will bring flair and style to a dinner menu gone stale. The leftovers make lunch something to look forward to instead of something to dread. This recipe is also great for parties – it will impress your guests with its unforgettable zing. So what are you waiting for? Get your coconut curry shrimp on today!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 259 | Total Fat: 15 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Sodium: 805 mg | Cholesterol: 143 mg | Carbohydrates:13 g | Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 9 g | Protein: 16 g | SmartPoints: 8
- 1 pound raw shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 2 tablespoonroom temperature pure butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon curry powder (use yellow curry for a mild taste or red for bold)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (about half a lime)
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon butter and shrimp. Cook shrimp on both sides until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Place shrimp on a plate and cover with a paper towel.
- In the same skillet, add onion and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 additional minute. Add ginger, salt, black pepper, and curry powder, stir to combine.
- Combine 1 tablespoon room temperature butter with flour.
- Add the coconut milk and palm sugar, stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low-boil, add butter combined with flour and cook until it starts to thicken up, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook just until heated through, about 15 seconds.
- Remove from the heat. Add the lime juice and cilantro, stir to combine.
- If desired, serve over a bed of brown rice. Enjoy!
Our social media community is growing! Like our popular Facebook page and check out our Pinterest for new recipes and workouts! And to stay on top of all things SkinnyMs., remember to subscribe to our newsletter.
Got something to say? Let us hear it in the comments section!