Tart and sweet is the new way to prepare your chicken!
If you need a new way to prepare chicken, this orange cranberry chicken dish is a great start. Easy to prepare and simply loaded with flavor, it’s the perfect comforting meal when you need something different. Tart cranberries provide plenty of antioxidants, and the orange glaze coats the chicken perfectly. If you’re tired of boring chicken dishes, then you’ll love this orange cranberry chicken.
Orange Cranberry Chicken
- 1 cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce substitute tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- green onions chopped, for garnish
- Combine the orange juice, ginger, soy sauce, honey, and garlic in a small bowl and whisk well. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with the pepper. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, followed by the chicken. Sear until well browned.
- Add the orange glaze and the cranberries and continue cooking the chicken, turning once, until the glaze is thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Serve with rice or your favorite vegetable, and top with the green onions.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms