Meet the warm and bubbly artichoke dip of your dreams. It’s utterly delectable, complete with melted cheese and the perfect dash of spice. But don’t let the decadent flavor fool you! The dip’s calorie count and fat content are low, clean, and guilt-free.
Greek yogurt and low fat cream cheese give our Oven Baked Cheesy Artichoke Dip its thick, creamy consistency. Parmesan cheese and artichoke hearts deliver sharp, bold flavor that satisfy savory cravings. Vegetables are softened in a skillet until warm and translucent.
After stirring in the remaining ingredients, the mixture is baked to shimmering golden-brown perfection. A mouthwatering aroma fills your kitchen. Your family and friends will devour this beyond-scrumptious appetizer. Don’t forget to save room for dinner!
Yields: 12 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 cup | Calories: 131 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 171mg | Carbohydrates: 10g | Fiber: 2g | Sugars: 3g | Protein: 9g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4 |
- 2 1/2 cups (nonfat or low-fat) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 slices whole wheat bread, cut into small crouton-sized squares
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, add onions and sauté for 5 minutes until softened and translucent. Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Stir in yogurt, cream cheese, half of the parmesan, mozzarella, salt, and pepper. Stir in the chopped artichoke hearts and bread cubes. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Spread into a small baking dish and place under broiler for 2 minutes until golden brown on the top.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
What dishes would you like to see featured on SkinnyMs.? Let us know! We love hearing from our readers.