Classic shrimp n' grits, Paleo-style!
Enjoy a classic Southern favorite without falling off the Paleo bandwagon. Cauliflower stands in for corn-based grits and takes on a creamy texture to serve as a base for the spicy shrimp mixture.
Paleo Creole Shrimp with Cauliflower Grits
- 12 ounces cauliflower florets package, about 4 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth organic
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon large
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion large, minced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 pounds shrimp large, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh, chopped
- To prepare grits, process cauliflower, in batches, in a food processor until cauliflower resembles grits.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add cauliflower to pan; cook 4 minutes stirring often. Stir in broth, almond meal, salt, and pepper. Cook 12 minutes or until liquid is evaporated, stirring frequently.
- To prepare shrimp, grate the rind from lemon; set aside. Cut lemon in half; squeeze juice into small bowl.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook 8 minutes; stirring frequently. Add shrimp, seasoning, lemon rind, and lemon juice.
- Saute 4 minutes or just until shrimp turns pink. Remove from heat, and stir in parsley.
- Serve shrimp mixture over cauliflower grits.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms