This peppermint fudge recipe combines creamy, rich chocolate with the bright taste of peppermint for a delicious holiday treat. While large quantities of fudge isn’t recommended, if you love the taste of chocolate, denying all indulgences can lead to feeling miserable and even a binge. Your best bet is to eat small portions of your favorite foods and make them from scratch, so you control all of the ingredients in each dish. Delicious desserts are an option when eating healthy, as long as you make a little effort to nibble smaller portions of treats made with clean ingredients.
In addition to being extra yummy, chocolate can also be healthy. It contains antioxidants, so by indulging a little, you are helping your body protect itself and fight off toxins and foreign invaders.
Love the idea of smaller dessert portions to satisfy your sweet tooth without busting your calorie budget? Try our Skinny Mini Desserts!
Holiday Peppermint Fudge
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips for the health benefits we use bittersweet dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coconut milk canned - not the carton coconut milk...canned is best for this recipe
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure butter optional coconut oil
- dash of kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure peppermint extract optional vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts diced - optional
- Add to heavy saucepan chocolate chips, coconut milk, coconut sugar, butter or coconut oil, and salt, stir to combine. Turn to low heat and allow chocolate to completely melt, stir to prevent scorching.
- After chocolate has completely melted remove from heat, add peppermint and stir to combine. If using walnuts, add and stir.
- Allow to cool uncovered until fudge has reached room temperature.
- Lightly oil a 1 quart casserole dish. Pour fudge into dish, cover and refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Cut into 30 squares.
You might also like our list of 103 Healthy Dessert Recipes.
Do you have a Clean-Eating Dessert Recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us more in the comments section below.