Looking for a refreshing, healthy way to cool off this summer? Believe it or not, you don’t have to dive into a tub of sugary, storebought ice cream! Make your own creamy, soft-serve style ice cream using just three ingredients: coconut milk, frozen fruit, and honey.
We love using coconut milk in our healthy dessert recipes. With a texture like cream, this alternative to heavy creams is a clean eating ingredient with no additives or refined ingredients. If you want to lower the quantity of fat in your ice cream, choose a low fat coconut milk. And honey is our favorite way to sweeten a dish without resorting to highly processed and refined sugars. Add mango, our any other antioxidant-rich fruit, and you’ve dosed your ice cream with phytonutrients, fiber, vitamins, and minerals not found in traditionally made frozen desserts.
Any flavor of frozen fruit works beautifully with this recipe: strawberries, peaches, or bananas. But we tried the recipe with mango and it absolutely blew our socks off. Sweet and tangy, mango pairs beautifully with the flavor of coconut. We decided that the only thing that could top this delicious ice cream was a homemade Raw Raspberry-Chia Sauce and a little drizzle of fresh passion fruit. You have absolutely got to try this summertime sweet. It’s refreshing, flavorful, and so, so cool. This is a healthy frozen dessert you’ll want to keep in your freezer all summer long.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 189 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 7 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 8 mg | Carbohydrates: 30 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 26 g | Protein: 2 g | SmartPoints: 11
- ICE CREAM:
- 1 cup canned Coconut Milk (full-fat recommended)
- 3 cups organic diced mango, frozen
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Optional RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 3 tablespoons honey, optional pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chia
- In a hi-speed blender or large food processor, blend together coconut milk, frozen mango, and honey until the texture of soft-serve ice cream. Scoop ice cream into serving dishes.
- Optional Sauce: Puree ingredients for the raspberry sauce in a small food processor.
- Tip: If using a hi-speed blender, use the tamper that comes with it for a creamier consistency.
We love feedback! Head to the comments section to let us know what you think of this post, or what you’d like to see on our site.