Coconut butter is just one of those simple recipes that comes together in minutes and delivers pure satisfaction! Some of the most healing foods are the ones which provide maximum flavor and great health benefits at the same time. Coconut butter fits the bill perfectly and can made inexpensively with a few high quality ingredients.
When you’re looking for a great raw chocolate recipe, this version of Raw Chocolate Honey Coconut Butter is sure to please!
Yields: 24 servings | Serving Size: 1 tablespoon | Calories: 89 | Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 89 mg | Carbohydrates: 10 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 1 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5
- Makes 1½ cups or 12 ounces
- 4 cups unsweetened organic coconut flakes
- 2-3 tablespoons melted virgin organic coconut oil
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- ⅓ cup organic raw cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon organic cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- Place 2 cups of the shredded coconut and 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth. If you blender is having trouble breaking down the coconut flakes, add the additional tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Add remaining 2 cups of coconut flakes and continue to blend until smooth and buttery. With a high-speed blender this should take 3-5 minutes and in a food processor it will take 10-15 minutes.
- Add raw honey, cacao powder, vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt and blend until completely smooth. Taste and add more honey if you like it sweeter.
- Pour into a clean glass jar with a lid and store at room temperature.