Dealing with pet messes around the house is frustrating. Luckily, we’ve got an effective, natural solution.
Bad dog! Whether you’ve just brought home a new puppy or your older dog is having accidents, dealing with pet messes around the house is frustrating. Not only are the stains difficult to remove, they often leave behind an unmistakable odor that the toughest store-bought products can’t get rid of. Luckily, we’ve got the pet stain remover solution. It’s all natural, and you can mix it up with an ingredient you might already have in your pantry.
You’ll need distilled white vinegar, which is a natural germicide and deodorizer. Often used as a mild household cleaner, white vinegar disinfects and zaps nasty odors on fabrics and surfaces.
Here’s what to do:
1. In an empty spray bottle, mix equal parts warm water and distilled white vinegar. Shake to mix
2. Clean up any solids first, then soak up as much excess liquid as possible from the stain before
3. Spray the mixture over the stained area.
4. Let it set for a minute, then blot the area with a damp cloth (an old, light-colored towel or rag
is best, so no dye transfers onto the floor). As the spot dries, the vinegar smell and the odor will
5. If the stain persists, allow the area to dry and repeat the process again.
Source: Skinny Ms. Co-founder Gale Compton swears by this white vinegar miracle method. In fact, it goes beyond pet stains. When Gale’s husband recently spilled red wine on their new sofa, she grabbed the vinegar spray bottle and hoped for the best. After a few applications and a lot of blotting, the stain completely came out!
We’d love to hear what you think of this post, or what you’d like to see on our site. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.